Clémence Organics was created, formulated and packaged to make a difference to your beauty, your health and to the environment. Here's why:
- Organic botanical ingredients contain a higher percentage of antioxidants, essential to fight free radical damage which can cause fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation. A higher percentage of vitamins and minerals have also been found in organic botanicals, the most relevant to skincare being vitamins A, C and E.
All Clémence Organics products contain a minimum 95% certified organic ingredients.
- Preservatives and other ingredients used in commercial skincare products can undermine a product's key benefits.
For example, it’s all very well when a face cream contains great anti-ageing ingredients, but its effectiveness can be reduced when other ingredients in the same product are counter-productive. Take parabens for example. Parabens are a commonplace skincare preservative which act as broad-spectrum antimicrobials. But they have been shown to interact with UV rays and potentially increase DNA damage and signs of ageing.
Clémence Organics products NEVER contain preservatives or ingredients which could undermine its benefits.
- Ingredients found in commercial skincare products may be detrimental to your health.
Commercial skincare products can contain a wide variety of synthetic ingredients, chemicals, artificial fragrances and preservatives. The long term use and safety of many of these ingredients is yet to be established (look at the recent Johnson & Johnson talc product law suits) and some with questionable safety are still in use e.g. formaldehyde which can be found in shampoo, soaps and nail hardeners. Formaldehyde is classified as a Group 1 carcinogen by the World Health Organisation International Agency for Research on Cancer. This means that it is a chemical known to cause cancer in humans.
Clémence Organics products never contain ingredients which could be harmful to health (see full list of what you will NEVER find in our products on our home page).
- Packaging used to contain skincare products can negatively affect your health.
For example, bisphenol A (BPA) hit the media a few years ago when it was found to be leaking from plastic packaging and turning up in the human body. This toxic chemical has been found to mimic oestrogen and disrupt hormone levels.
Clémence Organics has carefully chosen packaging to minimise the risk of harm to health, whilst still being lightweight and suitable for travel.
- Products we use to cleanse and exfoliate our skin enter our environment via the waterways and can have a detrimental affect.
Namely microbeads and water life (see ABC News), nanoparticles and marine life.
Clémence Organics products do not contain any ingredients which could be detrimental to the environment.
- Landfill levels are at an all-time high.
To minimise this, skincare packaging should be made from recyclable materials where possible.
Clémence Organics packaging has been chosen to maximise recyclability, with the majority of packaging being 100% recyclable.