Bridget is a university educated Naturopath (BNat, BHSc Hons) who began her career in complementary medicine research at the National Institute of Complementary Medicine (Western Sydney University). Here she contributed to the research, development and conducting of clinical trials and has 8 journal publications to her name (see below). In 2011 Bridget branched out into private practice in the Blue Mountains and began the development of what is now Clémence Organics. Bridget has also published various magazine articles related to skincare and health (see below).
Bridget lives in the Blue Mountains with her husband, 2 children and dog Rudi.
- About Face, Blue Mountains Love, February 2017
- Slow the signs of ageing, Nature & Health, December 2016
- Cleaner Beauty, Nature & Health, December 2016
- Naturally Anti-ageing, Nature & Health, August 2016
- Arnica the gentle healer, Nature & Health, 2013
- O for Olive leaf, Nature & Health, 2013
- DHA: nature’s brain booster, Nature & Health, 2013
- “Boost your metabolism” in Expert weight loss tips, Nature & Health, 2013
- The new natural wrinkle-buster, Nature & Health, 2012
- Beat the Bloat, Nature & Health 2012 Annual Healthy Living Guide
- Love your guts, Nature & Health, 2012
- The Krill of it all, Nature & Health, 2012
- “Complaint: Bad breath, Remedy: Parsley” in Food fixes for common health problems, Australian Healthy Food Guide, August 2011
- Probiotics Primer, Nature & Health, April/May 2011
- Supermarket Sleuth: Omega-3 Supplements, Australian Healthy Food Guide, April 2011
- Supermarket Sleuth: How Food Packaging Affects What you Buy, Australian Healthy Food Guide, March 2011
- Mind Food, Nature & Health, 2011 Annual Healthy Living Guide
- Supermarket Sleuth: No-name or labelled?, Australian Healthy Food Guide, January 2011
- Sun Supplements, Nature & Health, December/January 2011
- Supermarket Sleuth: Supplements, Australian Healthy Food Guide, December 2010
- Smith C, Carmady B, Thornton C, Perz J, Ussher JM. The effect of acupuncture on post-cancer fatigue and well-being for women recovering from breast cancer: a pilot randomised controlled trial. Acupunct Med. 2012.
- Carmady B, Smith CA, Colagiuri B, 2012. A comparison of decision-making processes for conventional and complementary medicine in cancer patients. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2012: published online 21 November 2012.
- Smith CA, Ussher JM, Perz J, Carmady B, 2011. The Effect of Acupuncture on Psychosocial Outcomes for Women Experiencing Infertility: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2011; 17:10, 923-930.
- Carmady B, Smith CA, 2011. Use of Chinese medicine by cancer patients: a review of surveys. Chinese Medicine 2011; 6:22.
- Smith CA, Carmady B, 2011. Use of Chinese medicine by cancer patients: a review of surveys. Chinese Medicine.
- Smith CA, Priest R, Carmady B, Bourchier S, Bensoussan A, 2011. The Ethics of Traditional Chinese and Western Herbal Medicine Research: Views of Researchers and Human Ethics Committees in Australia. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
- Smith C, Carmady B, 2010. Acupuncture to treat common reproductive health complaints: An overview of the evidence. Autonomic Neuroscience, doi:10.1016/j.autneu.2010.01.013.
- Wohlmuth H, Aulton B, Penman K, Lehmann R, Upton R, 2009. Authentication of skullcap (Scutellaria lateriflora L.) – a commonly adulterated medicinal plant. Planta Med 2009; 75:877-1094.